Blue Floral Maxi $58
I walk to work (a half mile each way!) in downtown Dallas, and y’all… it’s hot here. This is my first summer walking this distance and my makeup was seriously struggling so I tried a million things to help it stay put. Read on for my routine (spoiler, I skip/reorder some things you might not expect!)
1. Moisturize. I never skip this step even when I’m oily – overdrying can actually trigger your skin to produce more oil. I’ve been using Milk Moisturizer from Maskcara Beauty. I don’t love the smell but it is so emollient, it has helped A LOT with my redness and makes my skin so soft.
2. Set. Yup, use your setting spray instead of primer after your moisturizer has soaked in. I was using Urban Decay All-Nighter but I switched to Stay Setting Spray from Maskcara and I prefer it, it’s “stickier” and it smells so fresh.
3. HAC. Also known as “Highlight and Contour”. This is my foundation routine – you can follow your normal routine or for glowy results like mine you can customize your own HAC palette HERE! (you can also message me for color matching and help with your order) I’m wearing Amber, Shadow, Nude, and Pearl in the photo above. And here’s a good How To HAC video. Pro Tip – spray your blender sponge with setting spray!
4. Spot Set. I use a fluffy eyeshadow brush and tap on my oilier areas with Urban Decay Velvetizer. It’s translucent and meant to be a mix in medium but works awesome for spot setting! I also like to dust Vanilla Dust powder down my nose.
5. Loose Powder Set (Optional). My makeup will stay on without this on a regular day, but when it’s crazy humid or I know I’ll be sitting in the sun, I dust everywhere with my Chanel Loose Powder.
6. Details. I finish out my eyes and lips then I spray a fluffy brush with Stay Setting Spray and stipple on a powder highlighter to give me extra pop – only do this if you want that blinding effect. Tarte Highlighter in Stunner is my favorite powder highlighter.
7. Set. One last time before you walk out the door, using my Stay Setting Spray.
P.S. Don’t forget to use Party Code 7045 if you place a Maskcara order – you’ll be entered to win the Kylie Birthday Edition Palette!!
It’s been a while since I have posted – as you can see I’m revamping the site! From now on, this will just be a feed of links so you can shop everything on my Instagram. Hope you love it!
It’s been rather spring-like here in Dallas so I couldn’t wait to break out this cute tunic. I love the lace-up detail and the thin flowy fabric. Plus it’s less than $15!
Lately I’ve been buying lots of clothes on JustFab. I got these jeans there – super cute for $40! They’ve also started stocking a much wider range of sizes so go check them out if you haven’t browsed in a while.
This year for Valentine’s Day, I gifted myself with something really special – a self love pinky ring from Fred + Far. I’d seen this new trend on Instagram and immediately fell in love with the concept and their mission to promote women and encourage them to reclaim, remember, revive, and choose themselves. My beautiful box arrived tied in a ribbon with a promise card.
In 2016, I did a poor job of remembering myself. I let stress and the needs of others take a front seat and therefore take a toll on my health and happiness. I truly believe in putting others first, but as women we tend to do so at the expense of ourselves. Unwrapping the box was so exciting, because I was opening my little reminder to take care of me. My little reminder that I’m also worthy of the love and care I give to others.
I wore this beauty for the first time today, and my boyfriend even noticed it and how gorgeous it is!
Photos don’t do this sparkle justice! And since I have no other pinky rings, this ring is easy to incorporate every single day. This is on my must-have list for this year. Beauty with purpose.
What’s in the January PopSugar MustHave Box?? Some pretty awesome stuff! Read on to see everything that PopSugar sent me to try this month – hint, it’s almost $200 worth of stuff for only $39.95/month. And you can get $5 off your first month with code SHOP5 – order yours HERE!
So fresh right?? Here’s the whole box-
This month came with:
- Goldfaden MD Fresh A Peel – this is a 3 minute face “peel” that doesn’t really peel. I’m giving it a shot though! I hope that it helps with evening out my skin
- May Designs Desk Calendar – one of my favorite items in the box, the print is so chic
- Daily Concepts hair wrap towel – I’ve actually had one of these on my list to buy so I’m really glad I got one in this box. These are way better for your hair than a huge bathtowel, they prevent breakage and keep your hair looking sleeker
- Manduka eQua Mat Towel – I feel like I can never have enough of these yoga towels. I keep a mini one in my car for spills, but this one is really big – perfect for covering a mat during hot yoga
- Sourcebooks, Inc. Instant Happy Notes – these are adorable, I need more happiness like this in my life. They have cute pre-printed happy saying on them!
- Dean & Deluca Peppermint Tea – this tea smells so delicious
- Glade No3 Free Coconut and Beach Woods Candle – at first glance I was like uhhhh a Glade candle? This is literally the best smelling candle I now own and I have dozens of those famous three-wick candles. I love, love, love the scent
This box is well worth the subscription fee, I’m off to make some peppermint tea and do a facial peel!
If you buy one coat this season – make it this cute little faux fur one! It’s only $32 and it can be styled so many ways. I opted for all black here, but I’m excited to wear it with denim and dresses. Super chic especially for this price. Oh and these Quay sunglasses are $15 off right now!